Saturday, June 30, 2007

South for the Winter Day 2

Day 2

Today we headed to Dunsborough, Augusta, Yallingup, Margaret River, Cowaramup and back to Busselton.

Wow, Dunsborough is really growing. There's new estates popping up everywhere, no longer is it a sleepy little town. We hit the road after a brief drive through and headed for Torpedo Rocks. That was magnificent you can see as far away as Canal Rocks - if you look hard enough. A little further down the road we got to Slippery Rocks at Yal

lingup. Have a look at how high the sea spray was...it looks like rain. There are fantastic houses with the most spectacular views of the coast, now there's a sea change!











Off to Canal Rocks, such a great place! I had this great urge to throw a line in the water, I wonder what I would have caught. We left Canal Rocks & headed down Caves Road to Augusta. It's a long road but I found my winery - Flying Fish Cove so we stopped I had a few taste tests then bought a case of Oscars Leap & 3 bottles of Chenin Blanc. There were so many different wineries we couldn't possibly have stopped at them all. When I get low I'll be back.

















Kept on driving until we got to sleepy Augusta, we went to the Historic Water Wheel. The area is just so great, then headed over to the light house and back into town for some lunch. Found a little place called The Colourpatch - Andrew had fish n chips, I had the chicken panini and had serious food regrets when I tasted Andrew's fish - the BEST I've ever tasted.











Got to Margaret River WOW has that grown. It's a thriving metropolis now all the mod cons of the city, it's almost as busy as Fremantle on the weekend. We drove on through checking it all out and carried on through to Cowaramup or Cow country as the locals call it. We stopped there and went to the Candy Cow - got Mocha a little stuffed cow and bought some fudge it's tastes so good you'd make yourself sick. Then popped in next door to the Cowaramup Gourmet Food Store - some fantastic stuff. Found the Madfish Winery there also, we'll definitely be coming back here!

Heading back to Busselton, we found the Margaret River Cheese Factory and I was just so excited at finding Flying Fish Cove I didn't look for anything else :-)

Back at the hotel we relaxed in a nice spa, got ready for dinner, headed for the bar where yes I had a Jojo Ivory, then another then another. We had another great meal then back to the room for more relaxation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home